Equinoxe’s professionals are trained to manage complex conditions and situations. Equinoxe’s multidisciplinary teams have expertise and experience in the following:
Alzheimer’s and dementia care
Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias require a treatment approach to address various stages of physical, emotional and psychological disabilities. We configure living spaces to facilitate independence, and provide assistance with medication monitoring. Perhaps most importantly, our Care Managers provide moral support. We find strategies to keep those with dementia at home as long as possible.
Chronic Disease Management
Equinoxe provides physical and emotional support that can significantly improve the quality of life of families living with chronic disease. Our staff can administer special treatments, and help develop strategies to manage symptoms. Our Care Managers communicate regularly with physicians and other care providers in order to ensure a consistent approach.
Pre-Hospital and After-Hospital Care
Equinoxe provides services to complement the care that our clients receive in hospital. Equinoxe staff are also available to provide postoperative care and supervise transitions from the hospital to home.
These are the support services that are offered as part of the post-operative care program:
- A Registered Nurse visits to the patient’s home, post-discharge;
- We provide daily outbound calls, by a Registered Nurse, to the patient, each day during the recovery period, to ensure that the patient is continuing to recover smoothly;
- Our Registered Nurse-staffed 24/7/365 Care Management Centre is fully accessible for the weeks post-discharge;
- We support physicians, as necessary, with services such as email screening, response and forwarding of reports, 24/7/365, during the post-discharge period, and finally;
- We provide pre and post-op education and support services.
Palliative Care at Home
We are committed to ensuring peaceful and dignified end-of-life care for patients with terminal illnesses. Our staff work closely with doctors to develop a tailored care plan and will ensure that the home is safe and well-equipped for comfort care.