About Equinoxe LifeCare
Established in 1998, Equinoxe Lifecare is an ISO 9001:2015 certified Montreal based homecare management company offering high quality personalized programs addressing the physical, psychological and social needs of our client families. We are dedicated to whole person care, ensuring the management, coordination, and provision of quality care services across the spectrum in geriatric, chronic care, post operative and palliative care. Our team consists of skilled caregivers and care managers who function as advocates for our clients.
Equinoxe provides a vast array of services to accommodate the care needs of your loved ones:
- We offer our proprietary Care Management services through a holistic approach to clients’ individual needs and with the latest health and government information we can help our clients navigate through the healthcare system
- Personal care: meal preparation, assistance in daily living (personal hygiene, dressing, grooming), medication reminders and management, light housekeeping and cooking, companionship, assisting clients with prescribed exercises
- Post-operative care: post-hospital wound hygiene, physiotherapy, osteotherapy, occupational and massage therapy
- Mental Health support: experienced caregivers trained to handle clients with mild cognitive impairment as well as other neurological degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Depression and Cancer care
- We provide specialized Palliative care with experienced staff, coordination with CLSC palliative care teams in Quebec and following hospital directives
ISO stands for the International Organization for Standardization which tests for quality standards and management in specific industries. We have been certified with ISO 2009 -2015 annually since 2015. We hire caregivers who are professional, skilled and as accredited educators (through SOFEDUC), we offer them additional training as part of their career with us.
We hire certified caregivers, Registered Nurse and Registered Nurse Assistant. They go through stringent onboarding processes (background checks, police checks, interviews and orientations). The caregivers we hire come from healthcare backgrounds and/or have followed the Quebec training programs. The care coordinators also brief caregivers on new client files by phone, email, and our customized application. This ensures that when the caregiver starts with a client, they are informed with as much information as possible about the client’s condition.
We offer individualized Care Management Services, which include the planning, scheduling, coordination, and supervision of home care services. We want to ensure that our clients and client families feel at ease and that we have taken the effort out of logistical and complex coordination, thereby providing peace of mind for the family.
About Our Services
Reviewing your options would be a great place to start and our Care team would love to speak with you about that. You can call us at 1 877 935 2600, message us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with one of our team members directly from this website. We always make sure to take time to assess the services required for the client. Our free evaluations and assessments or our home on-site assessments help both the client and their family understand the support we are able to give. Our solutions are customized to accommodate the needs of your loved one.
While many of our clients tend to be older adults, we handle clients of all ages, whether they are suffering from a chronic condition, were recently admitted to the hospital and need post-surgery care, or have a cognitive impairment that requires mental health support.
We can provide services whether our client lives at home, in residential care, or even during a stay at the hospital. We will be offering our services where they are needed.
We have caregivers and nurses in Westmount, Montreal, West Island, South Shore, and Laval. We will be more than happy to inform you if we have a caregiver available in your area as we are currently expanding our reach throughout Quebec. Please call us at 1 877 935 2600.
Yes, and our objective is precisely to create a long-term caregiving relationship. We believe that a good connection and bond with the caregiver will improve the home care experience. If your loved one needs extra hours or more days of care throughout the week, it might be best to have 2 or 3 caregivers to satisfy this requirement. Each caregiver will be much more alert during their shifts to keep your loved one happy and content.
We always strive to send the best possible caregiver. However, sometimes the chemistry is not there and our Care Managers will undertake to change caregivers until we find someone who fits the role.
Based on some conditions, health care services are tax deductible:
- In Quebec: Independent Living Tax Credit for Seniors (more information on: https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citizens/tax-credits/independent-living-tax-credit-for-seniors/).
- At a Federal level: Attendant care and care in a facility program (more information on: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/deductions-credits-expenses/lines-33099-33199-eligible-medical-expenses-you-claim-on-your-tax-return/attendant-care-care-a-facility.html
In addition, there are different insurance policies in the market to cover home care services. You can discuss this in more details with your tax advisor. Please do not hesitate to contact our Care Management team for any questions you may have.